Fink Family Farm Bird List

Fink Family Farm Bird List

The only list I faithfully keep is a list of all the birds seen on our farm since we moved here in 1977. I thought it would be fun to add p...

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Red-breasted Sapsucker Peek-a-Boo

















Every morning when I come back through the orchard after feeding the horses, a Red-breasted Sapsucker scolds me from "his" apple tree, as though worried I will steal his sap wells. Sometimes he flies to the next apple tree and pecks on a dead top, where it seems I should be able to get a clear view of him. All the while he keeps an eye on me and periodically scolds. When I remember to take my camera along, he seems determined to keep a twig between me and him. Pictured are some of my attempts and his evasions. This has been going on for weeks. I may be anthropomorphizing, but it sure seems deliberate to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment