Fink Family Farm Bird List

Fink Family Farm Bird List

The only list I faithfully keep is a list of all the birds seen on our farm since we moved here in 1977. I thought it would be fun to add p...

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Common Snipe or Wilson's Snipe

I can't keep track of what the Snipe that frequents our farm is called, Common or Wilson's. It's common here so that's what I call it. I posted a video on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcLJ8LYdNYw&feature=youtu.be  I love the way this bird bobs when it eats.

When it is hiding from us, it holds perfectly still and blends into the background. I wish it would stick around this spring and find a mate and raise miniature bobbing birds but I read that they breed east of the Cascades, not here.

Here it is being a part of the scenery.





Close up, it turns into a bird.


It would be *so* cute to have miniature bobbing birds here. I wish a second Snipe would show up of the appropriate gender, whatever that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment