Fink Family Farm Bird List

Fink Family Farm Bird List

The only list I faithfully keep is a list of all the birds seen on our farm since we moved here in 1977. I thought it would be fun to add p...

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Distant Bird Up Close in the Nikon P900

I love both my cameras but usually only carry the Panasonic because it is light and quick to respond, also very good in low light conditions. I am a point and shoot camera person. But I monitor Black Oystercatchers on distant sea stacks at the coast and wanted a camera that could capture birds I couldn't see well with binoculars. So I bought a Nikon Coolpix P900. It is too heavy for me to hold still without support but I am usually somewhere that I can prop it on branches. I also use it in the car on the window. And I had a monopod for it (before I lost it somewhere), so I've ordered a cheap tripod.

Here is a photo of one of the sea stacks that has a Black Oystercatcher nesting on it, then progressively closer photos of the area of the nest. In the last one, the camera is zoomed all the way up. I love this camera.




No comments:

Post a Comment