Fink Family Farm Bird List

Fink Family Farm Bird List

The only list I faithfully keep is a list of all the birds seen on our farm since we moved here in 1977. I thought it would be fun to add p...

Friday, September 5, 2014

Farm Bird #147: Great Egret

Walking toward the dam to turn the horses out on the morning of Sept. 2, I was astonished to see a tall white bird standing on the dam. So I retreated to the goat barn and called Johnny to bring the camera from the house. He did and handed it over to me behind the barn, out of view of the Egret. I managed to take a couple photos from out the side door. (My milk room windows were too dirty.)



But the excitement didn't last long as our big white dog came trotting up in front of the barn. Apparently, big white birds don't like big white dogs. Johnny snapped a shot with his camera from the path by the garden as the Great Egret flew out of sight. This is the first time we've seen one here on the farm, or anywhere close for that matter.



Great Egret became bird number 147 on my list of birds seen on our farm since we moved here in 1977.

No comments:

Post a Comment