Fink Family Farm Bird List

Fink Family Farm Bird List

The only list I faithfully keep is a list of all the birds seen on our farm since we moved here in 1977. I thought it would be fun to add p...

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Migration Count Week Day Two



No Acorn Woodpecker showed up on Thursday, Sept. 18, the second day of NAMC week. Nor did the Green Heron that each year skips Count Day although it is here before and after. I hoped that by having a whole week to watch for it, I would surely get it at least one of those days.

 But a Pileated Woodpecker flew over calling plus 27 Band-tailed Pigeons. Alas, I did not get photos of any of them. Since I was off the farm most of this day, I only got photos of a few of the regulars... Well, the Golden-crowned Sparrows only returned yesterday but they are regular now.

                                                   

Song Sparrow


Scrub Jay


Steller's Jay


White-crowned Sparrow (juvenile)

Golden-crowned Sparrow
House Sparrow, surprisingly hard to catch on camera. They never stop moving.

California Quail, we have about 30 of them right now

Two Mourning Doves, sleeping in a tree
Turkey Vulture high overhead
Maybe tomorrow the Green Heron will show up...




No comments:

Post a Comment